- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 100 ml espresso
- 200 g all purpose flour
- 5 g baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 180°c. Prepare a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
2. Mix flour and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Mix oil, eggs, yogurt, sugar and espresso in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Divide batter between 12 cupcake liners.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out almost clean. Let cool completely.
Ingredients (Mascarpone frosting):
- 75 g soft butter
- 125 g mascarpone
- 420 g powdered sugar (sifted)
- 2 tbsp espresso
1. Beat the mascarpone and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat a few minutes until smooth.
2. Fill a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe the frosting on top of the cupcakes.
- 50 g chopped hazelnuts
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 50 g heavy cream
- cocoa powder
1. Place the dark chocolate and the heavy cream in a saucepan together, over low heat. Stir often until everything is melted and combined. Let it cool to room temperature.
2. Pour the ganache over the frosting and and decorate with chopped hazelnuts. Dust with cocoa powder.
I hope you like the recipe!